To be a successful hunter, you need the best night vision scope that has enhanced features, including a durable and sleek design to separate it from any other night vision riflescope. To effectively locate your target at night during extreme distance, night vision technology requires the best choice. The list of night vision riflescope reviews provide you with useful buying information.
- 1 Performance Factors To Consider
- 2 5 Best Night Vision Riflescopes Reviews
- 2.1 1. Sightmark Photon Xt 4.6x42s Digital Night Vision Riflescope
- 2.2 2. Armasight Vampire 3x Night Vision Rifle Scope
- 2.3 3. Firefield Ff16001 Nvrs 3x42mm Gen 1 Night Vision Riflescope
- 2.4 4. Yukon Nvrs Titanium 1.5×42 Night Vision Rifle Scope
- 2.5 5. Sightmark Photon 6.5x50l Digital Night Vision Riflescope
- 3 In Conclusion
Performance Factors To Consider
You can base your purchasing decision on night vision generations when searching for a monocular or binoculars. However, you will need more than just the Generations when buying scopes. Unlike a monocular and binoculars, scopes are engineered to hit other than observing a specific target. There are various factors that you gave to consider apart from the generation. The features of a scope in Gen 3 are certainly different from those of Gen 2. The following are the particular features you should look out for.
There are two things that come in play when you talk of optical clarity, which are resolution and contrast. By definition, resolution is the ability of a scope to measure the angular separation of an image; while contrast is the range of optical density. As far as tactical operations and hunting are concerned, resolution is definitely critical. This is the feature that helps you to make a positive identification of the target; the higher the resolution the better clarity and contrast of your image.
Basically, you cannot have a higher resolution without doing harm to contrast. You will surely get a well-detailed image if you have low contrast and high resolution, but you will have a hard time making out distinctions. On the other hand, high contrast and low resolution will make larger details distinct. With that said, you need a scope that has resolution and contrast well-matched. Therefore, the best night vision scope is one that compromises between contrast and resolution.
This is an important factor when buying a night vision scope as to buying a normal rifle scope. Therefore, you should not be more concerned with the total range; instead you should pay attention to the recognition range. The range is normally estimated by the expanse of ambient light. The available recognition ranges are overcast, starlight, quarter moon, and full moon ranges. Each scope’s range differs considerably based on the ambient natural light. A 600 yard recognition range in full moon will only have 100 yard range under an overcast sky.
Ergonomics is basically proportionally to the price of your scope of choice. Concluding on what makes a scope highly ergonomic is just personal preference. You should know that the higher the magnification the bigger the scope. How ergonomic a scope is depends on how lighter or heavier the scope is. With that said, hunting will need a lighter optic, because it is easier to aim, comfortable, and it will not interfere with your rifle’s maneuverability.
5 Best Night Vision Riflescopes Reviews
1. Sightmark Photon Xt 4.6x42s Digital Night Vision Riflescope
- Weight: 2.3 lbs.
- Magnification: 4.6X
- Type of IR: LED
- Special Features: High resolution display; day & night use; long eye relief; digital reticle accompanied by six reticle options; highly bright light proof; video output for video recording; weatherproof & shockproof; and incorporated with additional weaver for rail accessories.
- Description: You will surprised by the performance of this device for its price tag. It is the best night vision for hunting because it is designed for precision shooting at medium range. The magnification delivered by this scope is high enough. The design is incorporated with six digital reticle options (red/green/white) for different applications. It is highly versatile; you can use it during the day as well as night. The video output feature allows you to capture anything that you aim at. Precision is guaranteed by the inclusion of digital elevation and windage system. It is one of the best scopes to use with a crossbow apart from a rifle. Your hunting success rate will increase remarkably with the help of this scope.
2. Armasight Vampire 3x Night Vision Rifle Scope
- Weight: 3.0 lbs.
- Magnification: 3X
- Type of IR: Infrared illuminator
- Special Features: Uses CORE tech; mounts to standard weaver rails; shock protected; quick release mount; illuminated reticle w/ brightness adjustment; low battery indicator; fog & water resistant design; and detachable long-range infrared illuminator.
- Description: The Armasight Vampire is the best night vision scope for tactical marksmen, predator hunting, and for general night vision uses. You will be amazed by the ceramic optical ruggedized engine technology, which incorporates the use of an image tube. When compared to Generation 1 devices the resolution provided by Armasight Vampire is double, providing you with clearer and flatter night vision images. Placing precise shots is remarkably easy with this scope because of the manually-adjustable fine reticle and multicoated all-glass lenses. You will be astounded by the expanse of light intensification this scope offers.
3. Firefield Ff16001 Nvrs 3x42mm Gen 1 Night Vision Riflescope
- Weight: 1.8 lbs.
- Magnification: 3X
- Type of IR: Built-in IR
- Special Features: Built-in IR; quick detach weaver mount; high quality resolution and image; ergonomic design; high magnification; and lightweight & durable titanium body.
- Description: Firefield FF16001 NVRS scope is what you need for hitting a target, such as a deer in the darkest of nights. It features an in-built IR illuminator that is high powered. The IR illuminator does not only enhance image particulars, but also improves your viewing range in complete darkness. You can easily shift to iron sights or optics thanks to the easy-to-detach weaver mounting system. You should be able to get a clear image of your target at medium to long range because of the 3X magnification power and the 42mm lens light gathering capacity. You can easily become accustomed to your surrounding environment when using the scope. This is made possible by the duplex red reticle and multi-coated optics.
4. Yukon Nvrs Titanium 1.5×42 Night Vision Rifle Scope
- Weight: 1.9 lbs.
- Magnification: 1.5X
- Type of IR: Powerful IR Infrared illuminator
- Special Features: In-built powerful IR; multi-coated optics; flip-up objective lens cover; on/off remount control; precision elevation and windage adjustment; standard weaver MIL-STD-1913 rail mount system; adjustable lit red on green reticle; waterproof meets IPX5 rating; and ergonomic and durable body.
- Description: The Yukon NVRS is the best night vision scope for varmint hunting. As far as Titanium line of scopes is concerned, this is the lightest and smallest model for the money. Expect the best shooting experience with its ergonomic and long mount design. In addition to precision shooting the long mount allows you to use the scope with different rifles. Its 1.5 magnification power along with 42mm lens offer light gathering ability and high resolution for obtaining a clear image at 100 yards.
5. Sightmark Photon 6.5x50l Digital Night Vision Riflescope
- Weight: 1.5 lbs.
- Magnification: 6.5X
- Type of IR: IR illuminator (built-in 780nm laser)
- Special Features: IR illuminator; high resolution display; durable body made of glass-nylon composite; high magnification; and digital reticle w/ six reticle options.
- Description: The Sightmark photon digital scope is engineered to operate at night and in daylight. This unique night vision digital riflescope is installed with high magnification and six digital reticle styles for viewing targets in different conditions at an extended range. This is the exact model to buy if you are after a highly ergonomic and durable scope. It has a weatherproof and shockproof design that does not only provide long eye relief but also protected against bright light exposure. The scope’s remarkable resolution, magnification power of 6.5X, and enormous 50mm lens size provides optimal brightness and a clear image up to two hundred yards.
The best night vision scope should feature a high resolution, ideal range, and should be highly ergonomic. Nevertheless, that is not enough. You need a device that can withstand the extremes of Mother Nature, such as humidity and snow. One of the most important design features is the ability of a scope to resist water and shock. Also make sure the scope can take some abuse without damage. All the above is possible if the design is made of high quality material.