Hunting is a fun activity for you to do whenever you get your vacation time or during the weekend. Many places exist today where you could go and have a great time hunting your favorite type of animals. You could go to private or public hunting grounds. You can never forget about the hunting license that you need to make sure that the hunting process is smooth and no issues coming up at all. Hunting without a license will always lead to more trouble with the authorities. You will always need the best hunting blinds as part of your hunting gear to have an easy time camouflaging and hunting the animals.
- 1 Types of Hunting Blinds
- 2 Guide to Picking the Best Hunting (Ground) Blinds
- 3 Our Reviews: The Best Portable Blinds of 2017
- 4 Our Reviews: The Best Pop-up Blinds of 2017
- 5 Our Reviews: The Best Duck Blinds of 2017
- 6 Our Reviews: The Best Turkey Blinds of 2017
- 7 Conclusion
Types of Hunting Blinds
As part of your hunting gear, you will always need to have yourself a great hunting blind. The blinds are designed to offer cover where you get to hide from the animals and take them out as a surprise. There are many ways of camouflaging out there, and the hunting blinds should provide you with the best way to do so. You will always have a better chance at hunting the different animals if you stay out of their sight. The best ground blind reviews or any other type of blind reviews should help you end up with the best model all the time.
It is just like any other product; you can get different types of hunting blinds that you can use. The following are the best hunting blinds you could ever get on the market today.
If you are going hunting in the wilderness, you could want something quite easy to move around all the time. It is where the portable blinds come in to help you have an easy time hunting. These portable blinds will have an open top meaning that you can always easily hunt in it by standing and seeing when the animal approaches. You can easily move around with it whenever you see the animals too moving.
Even from the name, it is easy to know this type of pop-up blind. You need to make sure that it is not another kind when buying it. Some people often find it confusing with the portable blinds. The pop-up blinds are commonly lightweight and open by popping up. They always have a release mechanism where you can easily deploy the blind to house you whenever you are hunting. Just like the opening, closing is also not an issue; you can simply fold it back to its original position for storage.
If you are going to hunt close to the water bodies, then you will need something that can help with better camouflage. We all know how the water points are the best places to look for animals you are hunting. It is nature that at some point, they will have to come to drink water. At such a time when they are drinking water, you can now spring out and take them out. The duck blinds can either be permanent or temporary depending on the design and functionality needed.
If you are a hardcore deer hunter, there are so many blinds you could choose from, but the deer blinds are the best. You would always want to be sure that in the long run, you have a better chance of killing the deer without too much work on your side too. The common options you get would include tripod blinds, tower blinds, or box blinds. The tripod blind is commonly preferred by many people as it gives you a great way of having 360 degrees viewing angle.
The goose blinds often look like sleeping bags from their design. These blinds are designed to allow you to have a chance to hunt the geese with ease without worrying about spooking them. Those who have used it before can agree that it is something that has made them better at hunting any geese flying above them.
Guide to Picking the Best Hunting (Ground) Blinds
Try doing a simple Google search of the word “hunting blinds” and you will get so much to work with. With so many hunting blinds available, it is so easy for you to end with a model that might not serve as much as you would have wanted.
Well, if you are looking to be a professional hunter, you would not want your scent scaring the animals away. The best thing to do would be making sure that you can easily deal with the scent so that the animal you are hunting cannot detect your presence. Many models are now being designed to have a substance that can help with keeping the scent in the blind at all times. Most of them will have a carbon lining that will trap the scent from getting out.
The type of camouflage will always depend on where you are going to hunt for the animals. It is crucial that you get a model that keeps you hidden all the time. You are likely to find many blinds having an all-purpose camo pattern that gives you an advantage of using the same blind for hunting different types of animals.
For better hunting, you might have to consider choosing a specialized camo for different types of animals. The specialized camo will always help you have a better chance dealing with the animals.
The portability is something that can be a deciding factor for many hunters. They would want to be sure that the blind will always give them a chance to move around with ease. You will simply have to take more time to learn about the different types of the models available before you can choose the right one. You will often have to move from one place to another with a lot of ease and never have to worry about folding and packing the blind.
No one would want to spend a lot of money on a flimsy product. The materials used to make it often determine the strength and durability of the blind. The materials can be of high durability, making it possible for you to use the model for many hunting trips without having to worry about getting a newer model.
The strength of the blind can be improved when the blind comes with internal frames. You will have an easier time putting up and keep it in a standing position for longer.
You need to keep in mind the size of the blind first before making a decision. If you often hunt alone or two people, then a standard size should often be enough for you to use for your case. The blind size for more than two people will be bigger and of course more expensive. You will also need space to move around in the blind when hunting. Always remember that when making up your mind about choosing the best hunting blind.
Our Reviews: The Best Portable Blinds of 2017
The portable blinds will always give you an easier time when it comes to moving around with it. You can be sure to have a great time hunting with the following top rated portable blinds.
1. Primos 6093 Up-N-Down Stake Out Adj[img_products img_code=”91iB9N3l64L” alt=”Primos 6093 Up-N-Down Stake Out Adj” code=”B00AN0V2WC”]
The model is designed to have amazing double size camo material. It is a sure way of keeping the occupants from easily being identified from the inside. Some of the blinds might have a black interior that makes it easy for the person inside the blind to be seen easily. You do not have to worry about the weight, as the manufacturer made it ultra-light. You should be able to move around with it easily.
You can adjust the height the way you want based on your needs. Most users can adjust it from 23 inches to 36 inches. The manufacturer made it easy for you to adjust the height by offering 5 adjustable stakes. You should be in a position to adjust it the way you want. The sharpened ends and caps sure make it easy for you to mount the blind whenever you have to.
- It is easily adjustable in height
- It is ultra-light for better portability
- It has camo on each side for better hiding of the hunter
- The adjustable stakes have sharpened ends for easy mounting
- The build material often tears easily
- The stakes are made of plastic, thus will easily break with time
2. Hunters Specialties Backpacker Ground Blind[img_products img_code=”71HefgWkwPL” alt=”Hunter’s Specialties The Backpacker Blind” code=”B001T7JWBQ”]
You will be happy with the whole use of the blind as it is easily collapsible. You will have a chance to have an easy time folding it down and moving with it around. The designs of the blinds are something the backpackers could easily enjoy most of the time. You will not have to worry about where to fit it, as it can be an add-on to your backpack.
The height is still adjustable so that you can have more room for your feet. Since it can stretch up to 12 feet, standing in the blind should be possible.
Many users who have used one before can agree that it is easily portable and still lightweight. The setup process is quite simple too. You can set it up and take it down with a lot of ease. It should be great for portability from one place to another if it has such a simple setup process.
The blind also offers great breathability. Whenever you use it during the hot summers, you will not have to worry about sweating as the blind lets in a cool breeze to keep you feeling fresh.
- It is designed to be lightweight for better portability
- It is tall enough to allow for a standing position
- It has impressive breathability important for the hot summers
- Its size makes it perfect for backpackers too
- It is open at the top meaning it cannot be used in the winter season
- It is not sturdy enough for cases of strong winds
3. Ghostblind 4-Panel Predator Blind Reviews[img_products img_code=”81G9fGGX20L” alt=”Ghostblind 4-Panel Predator Blind” code=”B007R4QI1C”]
If you have never experienced the best camo in a long time, then this should be it. You will be amazed by just how the ghost blind works. It is designed to be a portable mirror ground blind for those hunters who would want to stay hidden at all times. It is often perfect for those hunters who might want to sit on a chair or stool while waiting for an animal to show up.
The blind only weighs 12 lbs., making it easily portable from one place to another. You can use it with your gun, crossbow, traditional bow, and compound bow. As you can see, there is a lot you can easily do with the blind outdoors.
The weather resistant and solid polymers are something you would appreciate a lot when using this blind. It means that you do not have to worry anymore about the blind being blown or broken in case of strong winds. The manufacturer also provides a place where you can easily mount your gun and get ready to shoot the animal as it approaches.
- Its design eliminates unwanted sun reflections
- The material used is made to be weather resistant for better durability
- You can easily shoot the gun in a seated position
- It is lightweight for better portability
- It requires a lot of care to keep it in shape or else it falls apart easily
Our Reviews: The Best Pop-up Blinds of 2017
The pop-up blinds are known for being easy to setup or even take down. The pop-up, in this case, means that deploying it should be easy by just making it to pop-up.
1. Ameristep Deluxe 2 Person Tent Chair Hunting Blind[img_products img_code=”91cOpO3qm4L” alt=”Ameristep Deluxe 2 Person Tent Chair Hunting Blind” code=”B00K0L5V6W”]
You do not have to spend a lot of money just to end up with the best blind. This one is inexpensive, and you still get to enjoy some premium features with it. It is designed to space that can accommodate 2 people while hunting. The DuraShell fabric used on this model is something that you will enjoy using for a long time. The fabric of this model is weather and wear resistant. You do not have to worry about using it in the wilderness more often.
The camo pattern makes it ideal for the wooded areas where you might just be able to find your designed animals you are looking to hunt. The overall design makes it simple to setup and still to take down. This should always save your time if you have to move quickly to a different position.
- You can easily fit chairs in it and wait patiently for the animals
- It has a highly durable fabric for the outdoor conditions
- The Realtree Xtra camo is perfect for wooded areas
- It is easy to setup or take down whenever necessary
- It might feel squeezed for two people to occupy the blind
- It has poor stitching
2. Ameristep Care Taker Hub Hunting Blind, Realtree Xtra[img_products img_code=”91rmsACMqVL” alt=”Ameristep Care Taker Hub Blind-Realtree Xtra” code=”B00JQHWT52″]
The model comes from a brand known in the industry for making the best hunting blinds you can always hope for. The manufacturer made sure that you end up with a product with a rugged design that offers better stability. You will not have to worry about it being blown away in case of strong winds outdoors.
It is also designed to offer an easy time moving with it around due to its small dimensions when folded. You can easily set it up or take it down in no time. It weighs only 13.5 pounds, making it something you can move around with ease.
- The 9 windows openings should give you sufficient viewing angle
- The interior is black to help hide your movements
- The exterior has the Realtree Xtra camo design that helps with increasing better invisibility
- It is designed for comfort
- It has poor quality workmanship in terms of stitching
- The directions in the manual are not clear to all people
3. Evolved Ingenuity 1RX2S010 Hunting Doghouse – Best Ground Blind for Bowhunting[img_products img_code=”914NoJZKjCL” alt=”Evolved Ingenuity 1RX2S010 Hunting Doghouse Ground Blind” code=”B00JA82FV0″]
The model is made of 100 percent polyester as its fabric. This for sure is something that will keep the ground blind looking great for longer. The fabric should be also great for those people who often have allergies because of different materials used in making the ground blinds.
It should be easy to take your shot as the manufacturer provided a mesh. The shoot through mesh is great as it still hides the barrel of the gun. You will also not have to waste time opening the window to set up the gun stand, you simply aim and shoot.
The hunting blind is best designed for firearm and Bowhunting. You should be able to easily enjoy hunting on a whole new level when choosing to use such a model.
- It comes with shoot-through mesh for easy hunting
- It has a portable and compact design that most hunters want
- It is ideal for Bowhunting and firearm hunting
- The Realtree Xtra camo pattern provides you with the best invisibility
- Ineffective customer support team
- The roof is often easily ripped by the support tabs
Our Reviews: The Best Duck Blinds of 2017
Your hunting activity just got better with the duck blinds today. You can easily now hunt near the water points with such type of blinds.
1. Ameristep Dove and Duck Hayhouse Blind[img_products img_code=”91zN9eD1xJL” alt=”Ameristep Dove and Duck Hayhouse Blind” code=”B000HZENU6″]
Its features are great to help you with hunting ducks, doves, and turkeys with a lot of ease. The camo pattern is quite a selling point for this type of model. It will always enhance your chances of staying hidden at all times. It also easily blends in the different environments you might be looking to hunt.
Setting it up is quite easy. You will only take a few minutes to set it up and also a few to take it down. The fiber poles supplied with the model help you with setting up and give the blind a sturdy built.
- The blind has enough room for the hunters and additional gear
- The windows are large to allow for easy spotting of the animals approaching
- The roof-flap can be opened easily to surprise the animal
- Poles tend to break after using them for a while
- Some users complained about not receiving instructions with the blind
2. Ameristep Duck Commander Landing Strip Layout blinds[img_products img_code=”8150EWCKa6L” alt=”Ameristep Duck Commander Landing Strip Layout Blinds” code=”B00K7Z50EE”]
The 600D polyester fabric is the best thing to have ever happened to this type of blind. You will always be sure that such fabric will last for long. The material is great for the different applications such as in the wilderness where you can expect the conditions to be extreme.
It gives you better comfort features while using it outdoors. The manufacturer made sure of this by making it have full-length padding in the interior and a headrest too. You would not now mind waiting for longer to see some ducks before taking your shot.
- It comes with different settings for better comfort
- The level of comfort is enhanced by a padded seat and headrest
- It has a heavy duty aluminum frame
- Only suitable for single person
Our Reviews: The Best Turkey Blinds of 2017
If turkey hunting if your thing, then the following model should you just do that. The blind will help you easily blend into the environment for easy hunting.
Turkey Fan Goggle Blind Decoy for Shotgun and Bow Hunting[img_products img_code=”41IO-U-uU%2BL” alt=”Turkey Fan Gobbler Blind Decoy For Shotgun And Bow Hunting Season” code=”B00SJG31T4″]
This model can be used in various ways while hunting the turkeys. You could use it as a traditional blind, a mobile blind or even as a decoy. As a decoy, you simply set it up in a field and wait for the other turkeys to come running.
For easy portability, the manufacturer made it have a lightweight construction. The handle also helps with balancing and moving with the decoy towards the turkeys. It is often large enough so that two people can easily hide behind it. Since it folds easily like an umbrella, carrying it around should not be a problem.
- It has a strong frame made of fiberglass that can last for long
- The lightweight construction makes it perfect for portability
- It can fold just an umbrella for easy operation whether opening or closing
- It does not fully cover the occupants, which might be a disadvantage
The blinds as you can see will come in all shapes and sizes. It is crucial that you always get the right model that can always work for your case. Ending up with the wrong blind can always be an inconvenience to the hunter. The best thing would be comparing between various models before making up your mind on which model to choose easily. We hope that you find the guide useful when it comes to choosing your next hunting blind.